Yesterday was Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday, or the party that precedes Lent. As ya'll know, I give up things for Lent. In many ways, this is my New Year and my time to really work to break bad habits that are getting in the way of my spiritual life, not to mention my life in general. This year, like last, I'm giving up junk food and computer games. That includes games on my phone, where I often get stuck playing solitaire or Angry Birds for hours.
In the place of those time wasters, I'm taking on more writing, reading, and crafting....the things that feed my soul rather than sucking time. I've started a blog to showcase some of my crafts and creative ideas, which is a big leap for me because it's public, unlike this one which is much more private.
Each year, this time allows me a chance to work to break bad habits and, as I yearn for spring and the new life it brings, I feel more appreciative of the things I have. And it always takes a while for those bad habits to creep back in, which is a good thing.
It's funny how knowing you can't have something suddenly makes you want it more. I've had more junk in the last few days than I've eaten in a month! ROFL!
No comments:
Post a Comment