Friday, May 1, 2009

Tapped out.....again

I have absolutely no reserves these days. And I'm exhausted. Physically, I could sleep for days if the laundry and dishes would stop haunting my dreams. Emotionally, I'm dried up and dusty and yet crying at the same time. (I never promised to make sense.)

I'm discouraged. I've tried two different GF bread recipes and Shannon, so far, is not impressed. She liked the second one well enough, but didn't like her sandwich at lunch today. She's trying so very hard not to hurt my feelings because she knows I'm trying to help and she knows it's a lot of work (3 trips to the health food store in 2 days), but she just doesn't like it. I imagine she's discouraged too.

Tonight we ordered GF pizza from Pier 49, plus another "regular" pizza for the rest of the family. Total: $35!!! And my dingbat husband "forgot" that I don't eat pizza. I don't like it, especially not bready, doughy, yucky regular pizza. This is not a new thing. I haven't eaten regular pizza in ages. And, he ordered pepperoni, which Alana doesn't like, and never has. I swear, some days he's just not very aware of the rest of this family.

Shannon seemed to like the pizza at first blush, but then said "it's good, but I'm just not in the mood for it." I think that translates to "I miss regular pizza, damn it, and this crap doesn't measure up!"

So, I'm discouraged. And exhausted. And trying to find the energy to even think about tomorrow....

8:15 Tristan has to be at church to catch a ride to camp to help another Scout with his Eagle project up there.
9:00 Alana has a soccer game
10:15 Alana has dance rehearsal

5:00 Alana's dance show, complete with make up and hair. The hair shouldn't be too hard, since she cut most of it off.

The dance show is actually 2 shows and runs until about 9:00 or so. Somewhere in there, I need to round up a craft project and coloring pages to keep the dancers busy back stage, grab a box or two of CapriSuns for them, cut the belt buckle off her costume, do her hair and make up, and wash her dance tights. Why both pairs are dirty is beyond me, but they are.

Sunday we've got church in the morning, and Shannon has Tween Flicks in the evening, where they'll serve pizza that she can't eat. Tristan will be gone most of the day for his Confirmation retreat. He'll be back just in time for youth and bells.

Bruce leaves town Monday (returning Wednesday morning), and Tristan has Scouts or a baseball game, or both.
Tuesday is soccer practice for Alana.
Wednesday is a baseball game, plus a business meeting for me.
Thursday is a soccer game.
Friday is a banquet.
Saturday is my crop.

Sunday is Mother's day.
That Tuesday, I leave for my sister's graduation, home on Saturday. The list of things I need to do before I leave just so that Bruce will have a clue what to do with the kids (soccer? Where? Carpool?) is so long that I'm just ignoring it and pretending I've got a month to get organized. Probably not the best plan, but tonight, I'm simply too tired to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment