Monday, May 4, 2009

Another bread attempt--Update

I'm using a recipe from Bob's Red Mill, and I'm crossing my fingers it works. There seemed to be an awful lot of liquid in it, but now it's on the second rise and seems to be doing just right.

It's this recipe: http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes_detail.php?rid=124

But I had to modify it just a bit. I didn't have an guar gum or soy lecthin, so I didn't include them, and I had potato starch, but not potato flour. Getting to 3/4 cup of egg took a bit of doing. Worked out to be 3 eggs, plus the white of a 4th. My dog is liking the yolks he's getting from all these recipes that use whites. His coat should be shiny shiny shiny!

Update--Well, Shannon didn't like it. I thought it was the best attempt so far, but she didn't agree. I think she's still comparing it to "regular" bread and it's really not the same. After a trip to the store today, I'll try again. There are dozens of recipes out there. We'll keep trying until we find one that works for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment