This is all the rage around Facebook, so I thought I'd post it here too.
1. I've been tagged for this by at least 4 people, and probably more. I must be popular, right?
2. My dad is a retired professor of Veterinary Medicine and a vet.
3. My sister is my best friend.
4. I LOVE to read fantasy novels, particularly Mercedes Lackey.
5. I actually love all kinds of books, except gory murder mysteries and overly fluffy stuff.
6. I'm a third generation teacher.
7. My youngest child was a surprise to everyone but God, and I'm so glad I have her!
8. She's named after Bruce and I. His middle name is Alan and mine is Louise, so she's Alana Louise, pronounced a-LAY-na.
9. Our African Senegal (medium-sized parrot) landed in our backyard one September day a few years ago.
10. I caught him, fed him, and placed the "found" ad, but no one claimed him, so here he lives. And he hates me!
11. I'm so addicted to scrapbooking that I became a "dealer" (Creative Memories) to support my "habit!"
12. I have a hard time with digital stuff like pictures and music. If I can't touch it, is it real?
13. I record a bunch of shows and then watch them on my laptop while scrapping, sewing, or cleaning.
14. NCIS is my favorite show.
15. Tony Hillerman's death last fall made me very very sad (He was a writer of mysteries set on the Navajo reservation).
16. I spent a month in France as an exchange student the summer after I graduated from high school.
17. I've mostly forgotten how to speak French.
18. I'm a bleeding-heart, tree-hugging liberal.
19. My biggest pet peeve is GOSSIP! And I define gossip to be anything spoken about someone that you wouldn't say to their face, true or not.
20. I would love to write a book someday, or maybe publish some poems, but I struggle to find the time to put pen to paper.
21. I also struggle to believe that anyone would want to hear what I have to say.
22. I never planned to be a SAHM, but now I wouldn't change it for the world.
23. I miss teaching, though.
24. I found out in December just how many people love and care for me and my family. I was overwhelmed by the outpouring from friends near and far when Tristan was in the hospital.
25. I'm still in awe of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment