Friday, April 8, 2011

A tough day

Yesterday was rough.

I pulled into the garage Wednesday night, late, and apparently I forgot to close the door. My purse was stolen off the front seat of my van, along with the GPS out of the Pilot. My camera was in my purse, along with about $600 in cash, plus credit cards, ID, gas cards, the works.

Bruce was furious. I know he wasn't angry at me, per se, but it still really hurt the way he was talking to me.

I skipped my volunteer shift at the church in the morning, but I still had to be at the other church to volunteer at the uber-awesome consignment sale (volunteers get a ticket to the presale). I was there from 11:45-3:00, then went home to grab Tristan and we went to work by 3:45. I left work at 6:00 to get to the presale (found some really great stuff). On my way out, I missed the curb and sprained my ankle.

This evening, however, a neighbor called. She'd found my purse while out walking her dog. Much of the cash is missing, of course, and so is my camera and the GPS, but my driver's license, and all of my credit cards were still in there. There was also about $200 in cash in my Dave Ramsey envelope wallet thingey. I don't think the creep realized there would be money in there.

The neighbor was so kind....the first thing she wanted to know was if I was all right since my purse and all it's contents were scattered in the snow-covered field. Bruce and Tristan went back out to see if the could find anything else. They did find my journal and other miscellaneous stuff, but no camera. Bruce commented "you sure carried all sorts of stuff in there, didn't you?" Um, yeah, honey.

My purse is ruined, as is my wallet. Two days in the snow and rain'll do that. Most of the paper stuff is ruined too, coupons and the like, and probably my journal as well, but I might be able to salvage the writings and that's what matters. So, I'm still a bit discouraged, but feeling somewhat better tonight.

And the neighbor is getting some cookies! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment