and I'm really trying not to let it bother me.
But it does.
Mom and Dad missed Tristan's confirmation because Melany graduated from nursing school the same weekend. I understood and it was fine. I actually flew up there so I could be there for that, and then flew home at the butt-crack of dawn on Saturday morning (because that was the ONLY flight) so I could be at both. I truly understood that my parents couldn't be both here and there and there was other family at Mel's graduation, plus a party for her on Sunday afternoon, and so forth.
But now they're going to miss Shannon's confirmation too.
Because mom has "finally talked Dad into a cruise through the San Juan Islands" and the cruise is around that same time.
Okay.
So don't complain to me about missing out on important things happening in my children's lives when you're actively *choosing* to miss out, thankyouverymuch.
No comments:
Post a Comment