Sunday, February 27, 2011

Been doin' some ponderin'

And not much else it seems....

I was reading back through my blog entries and several themes emerged:

1. I'm forever talking about how crazy and busy life is, and yet I'm always looking forward to a time when things slow down. Um, yeah. I'm thinking that time is NEVER. Or at least not for 10 years or so, when Alana will be up and out of the house (that's hard to think about, btw). So, I need to embrace the insanity and learn to work with/around it.

2. My mother drives me crazy. Really, there's not much more to be said there........I probably should embrace that reality too.

3. I'm always tired. This one isn't much of a writing theme, but it's there, all the time. I use my tiredness as an excuse to avoid just about every unpleasant task around the house. And, because I don't do my "chores," I don't ever really get to play.

In light of all of this, I'm making some changes. See, it's really silly to complain about being tired, and then spend an hour playing around on FaceBook rather than taking a nap. Same goes for complaining about chores and whatnot, and, you guessed it, playing around on FaceBook instead of just getting them over with.

We'll see how these changes go, but for now, I'm working on a better evening routine, involving removing my make up before bed, and going to bed at a decent hour. I'm also going to try to go to bed "early" whenever possible to make up for the sleep debt I'm struggling against.

And based on the timing of this post and the number of times I've had to backspace off the typos, misspellings, and just plain weird typing, it's most definitely time for bed.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment