Realistically, however, as we wind toward the end of the school year, my morning looks like this:
6:40 Alarm goes off. Push snooze. Repeat every 7 minutes until Alana makes me get up or 7:10ish, whichever comes first.
Stumble into bathrobe and slippers, glasses are optional.
Wander bleary-eyed into the kitchen, wondering once again why I haven't taught the kids to have my coffee concoction ready and waiting.
Make coffee concoction. Sip nectar of the gods and wait for caffeine to penetrate the brain.
Remind children to wipe up milk, put away cereal, rinse their breakfast dishes and put away the milk. Wonder why I have to say the same. exact. thing. every. stinking. morning......
Stumble up the stairs and into the shower. Jump in and out of the water stream as it gets hot/cold because the children are rinsing their blasted dishes and/or brushing their teeth.
Get out of the shower, referee yet another "discussion" about who used which toothpaste when and where is it now?!
Insert contacts. Hopefully into the correct eyes.
Moisturize, anti-wrinkle, anti-dark circles (drink more coffee).......make up, lotion, hair....
Tell Tristan, like I do EVERY morning, to leave the paper neat and tidy, preferably NOT in a puddle of milk.
Ask Tristan if he's sure he'll be warm enough in just a sweatshirt. Ignore the rolled eyes.
Throw him out the door to his ride at 7:20.
No, Alana, I don't know where your shoes are.
No, Shannon, I haven't seen your jacket. If it were MY jacket it'd be
Remind Alana that she needs something other than gogurt, 3 wheat thins, butterscotch pudding and a CapriSun in her lunch. Make her a peanut butter sandwich, in spite of her adamant declarations that she will NOT eat it.
Drink more coffee. Wish I could mainline caffeine.
Put girls in the van around 8:20, give or take.
Stop van in driveway so Shannon/Alana can run back in to grab lunch/backpack/jacket/homework/science fair project/show-n-tell.
Drop girls at school at 8:30, give or take.
Remind them to look both ways before they cross the street. Love you, have a good day, *muah*
Return home. Drink more coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment