Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crunch!

So a week ago we bought a new Honda Pilot. The car it replaced had just come from the repair shop with an estimate for more than 3X its value, so we decided it was time to buy something else. The Honda is fabulous! It seats 8, airbags all around, heated leather seats, towing capacity that's high enough to easily tow our camping trailer, etc.....just a great new vehicle for us.

The only down side is that I was still stuck driving the van because I put lots of miles on a vehicle with all my running around, even with it consolidated.

Yesterday, I had a small CM booth at a teacher's conference at a school about 20 miles away. I had the van because it's just a bit longer and holds my display stuff better.

On my way home, traffic's moving great.....then it wasn't. We all slam on the brakes, and I missed the truck in front of me by a couple of feet. The truck behind me, however, couldn't stop in time....I was sandwiched between the two.

My van is now two feet shorter and leaking various and sundry fluids all over the tow company's lot

Thankfully, everyone was fine. There was a baby in the truck in front of me who got a good once-over by the paramedics and I'm sporting a beautiful bruise where my knee hit the dashboard/steering column. The driver of the truck who hit me freely admitted fault and everyone was really nice, under the circumstances. It could've been SO much worse.

I had one bag that had been in the very back of the van (seats were all folded down to accomodate my display stuff) that landed in the passenger seat. And I couldn't figure out where all the black plastic bits came from.....

Um, that would be the remains of my rear windshield.

And there's a lovely imprint of GMC in the rear of my van. The impacts pretty much crunched the front and rear, but the passenger compartment was completely intact.

So, we'll be contributing to the economy yet again once the insurance sorts it all out. A neighbor has offered to take my kids to school in the morning and it's not my week for carpool. I should have a rental car by tomorrow afternoon.

Really, it's just stuff. Plastic and metal.

Hassle? Yes, but honestly, I'm so very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. What about your CM Stuff?? I emailed you just a bit ago with more thoughts....

    Julie

    ReplyDelete