Sunday, June 27, 2010

Submitted

and I'm so nervous! What if they hate my work? Other people are reading my story and my poem and that scares me senseless!

See, I'm pretty thin-skinned about this right now, so that's part of it, but let's be realistic.....If they hate it, I'll NEVER KNOW. I just won't win the competition. I'll never see any critiques or comments, never know if they hate my main character.

Side note/thought: Since I wrote in first person, maybe that's why I'm so nervous? The story is mine, and it's about ME. Not really, of course, being set in a mining town many many years ago, but still....I put a lot of me and mine into it.

In spite of all of this churning, I'm really proud of myself for doing it. I took a HUGE leap and I liked it! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment