Saturday, February 13, 2010

I've lost my mind!



Completely and totally, I think.

We got a puppy.


She's a purebred chocolate lab named Max and she's about 10 weeks old. She's going to be trained to be a diabetic alert dog for the kids, alerting them (and us) when their sugar drops too low. She's been donated to us by her breeders, complete with AKC papers should we choose to register her. A friend is doing the majority of the obedience training, keeping her during the week and bringing her to us on the weekends. It's a tremendously generous gift, and that, coupled with Shannon's doe-eyes, overrode my objections to yet another animal in the house.

She really is cute, in a funny-looking, too-small-for-her-skin kinda way. But it's like having a baby in the house. She woke us up at 5:30 to go out, and then at 6:30 for good, and you know how much I just LOVE Saturday mornings (not!). I finally dozed off again and heard the carpet cleaner going! Right now, though, she's sleeping at my feet looking as innocent as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment