Sunday, August 16, 2009

MIL Strikes Again

When we last left our dubious heroine, there was the minor matter of a possible heart attack. Or perhaps it was actually heartburn. No answers on that front, so I'm quite certain she's been told it was NOT a heart attack. If that was even hinted, we'd be inundated with "I could drop dead any day now" phone calls, coupled with long litanies of all the medications and steps being taken to prevent her demise.

But the conversation yesterday went something like this....

MIL: How are the kids?
DH: They just got back from Diabetes Camp....
MIL: Now, are you really sure Shannon has diabetes?

Yes, folks, she actually said that. Bruce laughed himself senseless and told her that yes, both children do, indeed, have diabetes. I mean really? REALLY?! Nah, Shannon doesn't have diabetes....we just like giving injections so much we decided to test them on her too.

Good grief!

Bruce's only response is that clearly, his mother is losing it.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I KNEW it! I knew you were faking it. You just wanted the attention. Munch-house-n-something-or-other by proxy!

    Teasing. :) I'm sorry she didn't have a heart attack. Er. wait. I mean. I'm glad you're hanging in there. :D

    ReplyDelete