Saturday, July 25, 2009

MIL called

I don't know whether to laugh or what....

She called dh's cell phone twice. I didn't get there in time to answer it the first time, and the second time, well, I just do NOT talk to her on the phone. Ever. So I ignored it. I did, however, tell him that she'd called the first time and that I didn't get to it fast enough.

He called her back a while later. The conversation went something like this:

MIL: Tell Tristan that I didn't forget his birthday (it was Friday the 17th), but I was busy getting a ride to the hospital in an ambulance.
Bruce: An ambulance? What happened?

I don't know what all she said, but apparently she had some chest pains and thought she was having a heart attack. The paramedics gave her something in the ambulance and she got better. She has no idea what they gave her.....my guess is nitroglycerin, but whatever. After running all sorts of tests, they don't know what caused her pain, but it was NOT a heart attack.

But see the birthday thing? That's just weird. Tristan's birthday was over a week ago, and this ambulance ride was Wednesday. She took several more days to even TRY to call, calls his cell phone but not the house phone and didn't leave a message. Yeah, she forgot his birthday, not that he cares.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's all right. Well, mostly. But the way she told Bruce? What did she say to the rest of the family (the other 7 siblings)? And waiting so long? I seriously don't get how that family operates.

And now, you know she'll be using this for attention and other stuff. They haven't made any effort to come and visit us in at least two years. The last time they did was Memorial Day 2008, and they met us at a camping spot less than an hour from their house. And then they almost didn't come! We were there for Thanksgiving, and Bruce has visited with the kids a couple of times. Now he wants to visit them again...."probably should," he says. Which is *exactly* her game.

The woman makes me crazy, I tell ya.

*sigh*

(post about camp coming very soon, I promise)

No comments:

Post a Comment