Well, we're off in the morning.
So that means I'm completely prepared and ready to go, right?
Yeah, um, notsomuch....
Took the van in for an oil change this morning. That was supposed to take 20 minutes. It took an hour. And they informed me that I needed a brake flush, power steering flush, and an alignment, plus new tires SOON. "I'll only keep you about an hour." Dude, I don't have an hour!
So we were late for swim lessons, and then late for piano lessons, and then I took the van back. By the time the shuttle was ready to take me home, the van was done. $375 and another 90 minutes that I didn't have, it's road ready. Or close enough. We'll worry about tires next month.
Bruce has a grand plan. He wants us to get up at 5:00 am and pour the kids in the van in their jammies, and be on the road by 6:00.
You can stop laughing now.
I know I'm not a morning person. Bruce knows I'm not a morning person. He promised me coffee, and he told me I could sleep in the van.....because I do *that* so very well. Not happily anticipating a darn thing about this trip, except a chance to see some friends.
Wish me luck, light candles, say prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment