Friday, April 26, 2013

Quick Fly-By


(In order to get the full effect of this post, you must read it out loud, very fast, barely stopping to take a breath.  Serious stream-of-consciousness ahead) 
 
Remember that time when I said "I'm sorry, but I won't be available to volunteer," and the person said "Yes, you will because I said so," and I said "Yes?"
 
Yeah, me neither.  LOL!
 
The Buffalo BBQ is this weekend.  My parents will be in town this weekend.  So, I told the lady in charge of volunteers that I wouldn't be able to help out this year (like I have for the last *5*).  Her response?

"Well, that's not a good enough excuse.  You can still come.  You WILL be here to work a shift."

"I'm sorry.  I won't be able to help this year."
 
"Yes, you will.  That's not a good enough excuse.  I expect you to be there."
 
Well, I won't be.  
 
She kept pushing too, telling me that it wasn't a good enough excuse and I would, in fact, work a shift and that's all there is to it.
 
Really?  You think so, do you?!
 
Oh, well....all righty then.  NOT!
 
Totally got my back up and pushed some serious stubborn buttons and I'll be there when HE!! freezes over.  But I was polite.  I told her she was welcome to put me on the schedule, but I would NOT be there.  
 
Who the HE!! does she think she is?!  SHE gets to decide that a) I need an excuse, b) said excuse isn't good enough, so c) I WILL be there?!  Funny, last time I checked, I was a grown-up who didn't answer to YOU!
 
And that has further cemented that I'm done with this fundraiser for good.  It's for Boy Scouts and Tristan's pretty much quit, so I was debating about whether this year or next year would be my last year.  Guess what?  LAST year was my last year!  ROFL!
 
Oh, and my parents are coming and my mother is already driving me crazy.  At least I'm giving my sister a break, right?
 
We're getting new siding, so my house looks like it fell out of the ghetto.  Inside isn't much better since I've had to remove everything from the walls to keep it from being forcefully knocked down.  Yeah, those 5 spoon cases and the mirrors by the door?  UGLY empty spots right now.  And probably will be that way until Monday or Tuesday of next week.  
 
We also put a window in the laundry room.  Yay!  
 
But, that means we took down the shelves (and everything on them) and it's in bins wandering randomly through the house until the shelves are rehung.  Probably not until next week since the guy needs to put the trim up around the window on the inside.  *sigh*
 
However, I get new siding and we've replaced the bay window with double-hung so they OPEN to let in a breeze!  WOOHOO!  
 
MIL is still dying.  I wish she'd schedule it so I can make plans.  That sounds terrible, but there it is.  FIL does NOT want to let her go and I'm rather impatient about that, but then, I haven't been married to her for 59 years (thank GOD!).  Okay, I'm really not in a good place about all of this.  He keeps trying different treatments and I really wonder to what end?  She's 86.  Death is the natural, inevitable conclusion to our spin around this planet.  Let her die with some dignity.  Or maybe that's what he's trying to do?  If they can push the cancer back enough to let her leg heal, then she can go home to die?  Maybe?  I don't know and my attitude about it is awful, so I'm keeping my mouth shut.
 
All of the sisters have been out to see her now, including the oldest who last visited the West for our wedding.  In 1994.  No, I'm not kidding.  The brothers are making plans, though the oldest is procrastinating, wanting to wait until MIL is home/feeling better, which isn't likely at this point.  We've offered a plane ticket to SLC and then Bruce would drive him from there, but he hasn't made any definite plans as of yet.  
 
Kids are busy with end of year stuff.  Alana has her UpWithKids performances next week (the reason my parents are coming).  The Tuesday performance just happens to be at the exact time of her CRT tests.  *groan*  I'd have her skip the play, but it's the whole reason my parents are coming, so she'll just have to make up the tests.  I'm trying not to feel too horribly guilty about that.  
 
The older kids are busy with Bell Choir stuff, and AP studying and band/orchestra festivals and dutch oven cook-offs and such.  I'm subbing where I can and aching to do some real crafting stuff, while never finding the time (in between harvesting virtual crops).  *rolling eyes*  
 
I want to learn to make corsages.  Flowers for Sr Ball cost me $38!  Some of that was because it was the same weekend as National Scrapbook Day (oh, and CM is back in Ch 11 Bankruptcy) so I really didn't have time to do them myself, but I really would like to learn as it doesn't seem *that* hard, kwim?  

This post is seriously scattered, but then....so am I!  HA!  
 
And I didn't thaw anything out for dinner.  I'm thinking take out sounds really good right about now, though I need to run it by Bruce.
 
L-3 laid off nearly 200 employees (thank you Congress!).  Thankfully, Bruce wasn't one of them (and probably won't be unless they're closing completely), but it makes him nervous and stresses him out.  Add in his maternal angst, and his dislike of disarray and he's testy lately.
 
Okay.  Dinner.  Must figure out how to do dinner without breaking the bank.  
 
And another load of laundry so I have an excuse to watch NCIS-LA tonight while I fold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment