Monday, October 19, 2009

Christmas Gift ideas from Creative Memories

These gifties are SO easy and so much fun! I'm doing classes on most of these locally, if you're interested. If you're not local, well, take these ideas and run with them!

Personalized Clocks. This one is a cinch! I used Creative Memories' StoryBook Creator Plus software to make the clock face. It's about 7" in diameter. Then I printed it on an 8x8 page from Costco ($1.49). The clock came from Walmart and it was less than $5.00. These would be great for the people on your list who have everything. Who wouldn't love a clock with your darling children on it?

Decorative Tiles. These are so fun and easy! I made the 3" decorative squares in StoryBook Creator Plus, putting 24 on a 12"x18" page for $2.99 at Costco. Then I used Mod Podge to adhere them to the tiles (purchased at the home improvement store for $.38 each). I used several coats of Mod Podge, and then I backed them with felt. They've got funny sayings ("God made us best friends because he knew our mother couldn't handle us as sisters." and "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and you get rid of him for the entire weekend!"), Bible verses, inspiring quotes and more. These would make great neighbor gifts or teacher appreciation, grandparents, and more! You could spell out words, create Christmas sayings, even add your own photos. These are AWESOME!

(ETA: Forgot to say....I used spray glitter on some of them, from the craft store, not the Halloween section, and then I gave them a couple of coats of basic clear spray paint. For trivets or coasters, you'll want to find a heavier polyurethane coating to go on them).

1 comment: